Fintech Venture Day, Tel-Aviv: Startup Nation pitches its best fintech business ideas
Good morning Tel-Aviv.
Today is the first of our Fintech Venture Days, shortly we’ll be hearing from some of Israel’s brightest fintech startups. The long list of entries for the Pitch Slam has been narrowed down to just five finalists:
- Credible – @credible – offers alternative credit scoring aimed to access a population of unbanked and under-banked, based on a hybrid approach of taking borrowers financial profile and their psycho-linguistic profile from social media.
- Splitit – @splitit_ – a patented payment technology that provides interest-free financing with no credit checks or application process. It allows customers to make purchases with interest-free monthly instalments.
- PayKey – @getPayKey – a platform that allows payments within social networks such as Ahatsapp, Twitter, Facebook Messenger etc. It is social network agnostic, offering a white label solutions for banks and API level integration with bank payment systems and security.
- Neema – @SendWithNeema – a mobile financial hub for migrant workers that enables them to deposit cash into a mobile account and then send money home as remittance at favourable FX rates and fees. It then aims to provide financial services such as credit cards, loans and health insurance.
- IAmReal – using social and video verification technologies, this online platforms aims to enrol users, validate their identity, and mitigate the risks attributed to unverified users.
Fintech Venture Days are a joint initiative between Santander InnoVentures, IE Business School and Accenture. Part conference, part competition, our aim is to bring together local stakeholders to explore the issues faced by startups in fintech.
In addition to the Santander InnoVentures team, represented by Mariano and Rafa, we also have our colleague Rodrigo Kuri presenting. Rodrigo leads the Group’s Bank of the Future initiative. While the views of a mature fintech startup – eToro – are presented by their CEO and founder Yoni Assia.
The Pitch Slam competition gives local startups the opportunity to present their idea to an expert panel of judges. The winner at each location then gets access to a range of benefits and expertise offered by each of the sponsors.
During 2016, Fintech Venture Days are also taking place in Madrid and Sao Paolo. The date of the Madrid event is confirmed for 14 April, with the Sao Paolo date still to be confirmed in May. If you are a Spanish fintech and want to get involved and meet us all in Madrid, sign up here.